Friday, May 20, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

Once again Dan and Zahara made sure I had a wonderful mother's day. I say it all the time (but probably not often enough), I am so lucky to have such a thoughtful and loving husband.

This year's celebrations were pretty low-key. I really didn't want or need anything, so Dan and Z did the right thing and focused on something homemade and meaningful. Z was so excited to show me the picture frame that she painted all by herself! I think daddy might have helped with the letters though :)


Actually, it was so funny.  A few days before mother's day as I was walking in the door after work, Zahara shouts: "Mummy, we painted you a heart! It's a surprise for mother's day! It's drying now. It's a surprise, right daddy?" Haha! I really assumed it was just a painting on paper, but this is so much better.

Z and Dan also picked out beautiful flowers for me. One bouquet, the tulips, was deemed "not fancy enough" so apparently the second one was purchased as well. I love them both. Hard to believe this is my last mother's day as a mum of one.




No comments:

Post a Comment