Saturday, June 3, 2017

Life Updates

The blog has been pretty quiet, but that doesn't mean life hasn't been moving. I just wrapped up a very busy work project and now have a little bit more breathing room. So let me catch you up on what we've been up to for the past couple of months.

Family Wedding
Dan's second cousin David got married in New Jersey and we decided to make a weekend of it. David's mom Stella was amazing and found us a babysitter to come to our hotel and watch the kids during the wedding. The rest of the time we were able to hang out with my in-laws, and my friend Dina who lives nearby.





Cherry Blossom Festival
There is no better place than DC in the spring. The air is so fresh and people are so happy. This year, the poor cherry blossoms didn't do too well, but even at half their normal bounty it is very impressive. Plus, a little ice cream on the mall never hurts anyone.





Passover
As you know, Passover is one of my favorite holidays. This year was really special because we had almost the whole family in town. My cousin Larin flew in with her little girl Phoenix and we finally were able to meet! Watching all the cousins together was absolutely incredible. 

And, Zahara's Jewish school is paying dividends. She recited the "mah nishtana" (four questions) all by herself, sang a bunch of Hebrew songs, and was able to tell a lot of the Passover story. If you know me at all, you know this made me way happier than I thought possible. I was practically bursting with joy--or as they say in Yiddish, nachas





Preparing to Move
We are in the midst of getting the house ready to rent. We initially thought we were going to sell, but the market turned on us and now it looks like renting will be our best option. Either way, we need to clear the house of the clutter and touch up a few areas. It's been pretty chaotic--and will only get worse! At least we have our new house to dream about. It will all be worth it in the end!



And now you're mostly caught up. I have a more posts planned about two of our recent adventures--both in Pennsylvania. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment