Sunday, August 20, 2017

Stitch Fix Update

I told you a while back about this new thing I was trying out called Stitch Fix, a clothing delivery service. Since then I've gotten three more deliveries and I'm back with a review.

First Box:
I reviewed my first box here. I thought they did a great job getting my style right off the bat. I kept two of the pieces--the skinny jeans and the knit top. I still wear those all the time and really love them. The jeans especially are great quality and I'm really happy with them. The shirt though, was not the best quality. I actually wrote back to Stitch Fix to complain because after the first wash it was already pilling. They were great, and immediately credited me back the money.

Second Box:
My second box wasn't nearly as good. I didn't take pictures of all of the items (blogger fail), but I was struggling to keep even one of the pieces. I reluctantly kept a cross-over sleeveless shirt just so I wouldn't lose my credit. Turns out though, I LOVE it now! It's my number one go-to shirt this summer. It's so light and fits me well. I should have given my stylist more credit.

Third Box:
The third box was my favorite so far. I asked for clothes for my upcoming cruise, and they totally nailed it. I actually kept all five items! That earned me a 25% discount, so all five items ended up being only around $200. Not too bad.




I also got a great pair of white skinny jeans and a beautiful bright orange top. I don't have great pictures of them though. I really love all of these items and have worn them a ton this summer.

Fourth Box:
After my high of getting all five items in my last box, this one was a disappointment. I really didn't love any of the items. I again ended up keeping one just so I wouldn't lose my credit, and I do actually like it. I've worn it a few times since then and it's a great date night dress.


The jean jacket they sent was fantastic, and normally I would have kept that, however my mom just bought me a great jacket for my birthday. I don't need two denim jackets.


The other items just weren't my style and didn't fit well. The shoes were fun, but too big. The flower dress was way outside my comfort zone, but I was willing to give it a shot. It was just too big in the waist and not figure flattering. The maxi dress just looked cheap (but wasn't!).




I wrote all my reviews on the Stitch Fix site as I always do. This time, customer service reached out to me to apologize for my box and waived my styling fee for my next box. I appreciate that they are always trying to make things right.

So, what do I think about Stitch Fix now that I've done four boxes? I still really like it. It's fun to get items that are picked just for me. I like that the stylists refer to my notes and my Pinterest page for inspiration. I like getting things that are outside my comfort zone--things that force me to update my style. And, who doesn't like getting packages in the mail?

I'm getting my next box on Friday. I'll let you know how it goes!

And if you're interested in Stitch Fix, would you consider using my referral code? It doesn't cost you extra and I get small commission.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE all the things I see in these pictures...especially the person wearing them.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete