Sunday, October 14, 2018

Great Wolf Lodge

A few weeks ago we took a family vacation to Great Wolf Lodge in Virginia. We've been hearing great things about it for years, and it seemed like something our kids would really like. Spoiler alert, it was great!


This place has fun down to a science; every aspect of the lodge is meant for kids. I was initially skeptical about whether Dan and I would have a good time, but it was so much better than I thought. We had fun too!


We found a Groupon for a day when the kids were off school, which made the trip really affordable. I know they run specials all the time, so I would definitely recommend looking for that. Our coupon was for the Kid Kamp room, which was perfect for us. It's a hotel room with a separate den for the kids. The den is outfitted to look like a tent and has bunk beds for the kids. I was worried about Asher in the bunk bed since he's in a crib at home, but this one was fantastic. The sides were high enough that he couldn't get out on his own. Of course Zahara loved being on the top bunk!


The lodge has tons of activities for kids at all times of day. We spent most of our day in the water park, but in the evening, it was great to play games, have a dance party, get their face painted, and go trick-or-treating. There was even a story time in the evenings that Zahara stayed up until almost 9:00 pm to hear.





The water park was much bigger than I thought. It has a ton of different areas that you can spend your time in: a lazy river, a toddler activity section, a giant fort, a wave pool, a hot tub, and of course the slides. The kids adored it, but I was surprised how much I liked it too. Dan and I even got the chance to switch off and go on a couple of rides on our own. It was so fun!


  

Click here for a video of Dan and Asher with the giant bucket.

I just loved how carefree the whole weekend was. There was no stress about how the kids were behaving. They could just have fun (or tantrum) and there was no judgement from anyone. We ate at the restaurant one night, and though the food wasn't great, it was easy. We even started a tradition that my parents had with me--dessert first on vacation! The kids were thrilled!



All-in-all, it was a great vacation, and I would absolutely recommend it. Yay for family vacations and fun memories!

Have you been to Great Wolf Lodge? What did you think? Let me know in the comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment