Monday, February 10, 2020

A Quick Trip Across the Pond

Late last year I had an incredible opportunity to attend a leadership training at my company's headquarters in London. It was a very intense boot camp where I learned a ton and slept very little. As a reward to myself, I decide to add a couple of days to my trip and make a quick hop to Harrogate. It was exactly what I needed!

I was in London from Monday through early Friday morning, but didn't leave the hotel once my training started on Tuesday. I made do with what little time I had in the city by visiting the British Museum. I hadn't been here in years, but it's as incredible as I remembered. I downloaded an audio tour from Rick Steves and it was perfect.




I took an early train to Harrogate on Friday and was in town in time for lunch. My friend Vicky met me at the station and we went to...Betty's of course!



I love Betty's any time of year, but around the holidays it is especially charming. The window displays alone are worth the trip.


Friday night I was able to see Lena, Vicky and Kristiina to celebrate Beth's birthday! We went to a new (to me, at least) Japanese restaurant and had a blast.The food was really good and the company was even better. I love that whenever I come back to Harrogate, it's as if no time has passed at all. These women are definitely friends for life.



I only had one full day in town, but I made sure to see the rest of my crew. Kristiina and I got to hang out with Jose and her family in her gorgeous house. I loved playing with the kids and chilling with a cup of tea.


We had a great lunch with Becky at the Old Bell Tavern, but I only got a picture of my fish and chips and not my friend. Nevertheless, it was amazing seeing her, as always. It was especially fun celebrating some good news together. Also, she just started a blog that is really good, and very professional! I don't know where she has the time or energy, but go check it out!


I managed to squeeze one more visit to Betty's in with Lena, Steve, Beth, and her kids! It was such a treat to get this extra time with them. Steve is one of my favorite people and I was glad to be able to see him on such a short trip. I can't wait until they come and visit me in the States...right, Lena?! 

Then, despite the fact that neither of us had our kids with us, Kristiina and I decided to have a girl's night and watch Frozen II. It was an excellent decision. I really loved the movie, and it was made even more special because I saw the first Frozen with Kristiina and our tiny babies when I lived in Harrogate. Crazy how much has changed.

It was the shortest, but sweetest trip. I'm so grateful to all my yoga mummies--especially Kristiina who played an excellent host. I hope to see you all again soon! 

Click here to see some more of my visits to Betty's.

No comments:

Post a Comment