Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! This year I was so happy to resurrect an old tradition with one of my best friends from college. Dina and I have spent nearly every New Year's together since 2004. We have alternated between Washington, DC (where I've lived), and New York/New Jersey (where she lived). Last year we did a pseudo New Year's when she and Ed came to visit us in England in January.


Times have certainly changed. Whereas previously we have stayed up all night drinking champagne, dancing to loud music, and nursing our hangovers in the morning, now we enjoyed a quiet night in playing Trivial Pursuit and thanking the Heavens that our children were asleep in the other room. But we still had champagne!



The whole trip was such a breath of fresh air. Dina and Ed are two of the most laid-back people I've ever met. Their new little guy, Charlie, has inherited the family trait and is just as sweet as can be. I think he may have cried once, but I wouldn't swear to it. Zahara was so sweet with him (most of the time). I loved seeing her kiss his little head or bring him a toy.

Dina, Ed and Charlie on their first family outing!

Dan and Charlie

We mostly did what we do best--ate and laughed. We had some delicious diner food--YES to cherry pie!--and even made our own pizza one night. It was definitely the best  to start the new year off right.


What about you? Do you have any New Year's traditions? I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment