Monday, April 11, 2016

24 weeks


Dates: March 30-April 5

Baby is the Size of an: ear of corn (approximate length and weight: 12 inches, 1.25 pounds)

How I'm Feeling: Pretty good this week! I'm officially 6 months pregnant. I had a doctor's appointment where I was tested for gestational diabetes. This was totally new to me. In the UK where I had my last baby, they only test for GD if there is cause (family history, baby measuring big, etc.). Here in the States, everyone gets tested between 24-28 weeks. I read about it in advance and it sounded awful! I had to drink a disgusting sugar drink within five minutes, wait an hour, then get my blood drawn. In reality, it wasn't that bad. Yes, the drink was pretty gross. But other than that, it was fine. While I was waiting I saw the OB who said that I am measuring on track and baby sounds great (and very active!). I got the results a few days later and I'm in the clear.

How I'm Changing: I told the doctor that I was feeling much bigger this time around. She told me that it is just that--a feeling. I am gaining the exact amount I should be and baby looks great. That was so awesome to hear. I think I'm just carrying this one so differently. My old maternity clothes fit differently and the comparative pictures of me week-to-week make me feel bigger. I've still only gained about 10-12 pounds, so I know I'm doing OK. It was nice to get medical confirmation of that though.

What I'm Eating: Nothing too unusual. And, at least I remember to take my prenatal vitamins (most nights).

What the Baby is Doing: Distracting me during work and keeping me from going to bed at night!

Read about my first pregnancy:
My Pregnancy
Week 24

No comments:

Post a Comment