Sunday, April 29, 2018

Family Ice Skating

A few weeks ago I was looking back at my past blog posts and saw that Zahara went ice skating for the first time right around the age Asher is now. At first Dan and I laughed, and thought it impossible to imagine Ash on the ice right now. But, he's made huge leaps recently and is much more agile competent at walking than before. I'm always astounded how a few weeks can make a huge difference in skill level. So, as we were looking for something to do on a random weekend, we thought we'd give ice skating a go.




We had very low expectations for the day. We thought if we could manage thirty minutes of cry-free time, it would be a huge success. And, that's about what we got! Both kids did great, actually. Zahara loved it, but was really sad she wasn't better. She kept looking at some older girls who were taking lessons and saying: "But they can do twirls, why can't I? It's no fair!" So...ice skating lessons might be in her future? Hopefully not for a while. I'm not ready to get up at 4 am to drive her to practice every morning.


Asher thought it was great, and weird. He liked it, but was confused about what he was supposed to do with his feet. We mostly had to just hold him by the arm pits, which is a bit rough on the back after a while.


It was fun, and I'm glad we went. If for nothing else than to see the cutest little ice skates you ever did see! I mean, come on!


See Zahara's first time ice skating here

No comments:

Post a Comment