Monday, May 14, 2018

Quirky Teacher Appreciation Gift

Last week was teacher appreciation week. I appreciate my kids' teachers all year round, but its nice to have a day to show extra gratitude.

This year, Dan and I decided to get Pintrest-y with our gift. We knew we were going to be in Peru and could grab a cute item for the teachers there. We played around with a few different ideas, but when we came across these leather notebooks in a local market, we knew we found a winner.


Peru has a long history with llamas and alpacas. The Incas used these animals to help them carry their goods in the steep terrain; they also used their wool for clothes, their meat for food, and their fat for making light.


So, we made this pun: "Soon alpaca my bags for kindergarten, but I'll never forget you."


We made one for each of her teachers, along with a hand-decorated card from Z. It was a quick, easy project and I love the way it turned out. I hope they love it as much as I do!

Click here for a FREE printable version of this teacher's appreciation card.

No comments:

Post a Comment