Saturday, May 26, 2018

We Went to Peru!

Dan and I went to Peru!! If you know me in real life, this is not news. I've been talking about it incessantly for months. It was so exciting to get to travel for real again! My wonderful in-laws agreed to watch both kids while Dan and I had an adventure. How lucky are we?


Dan and I love traveling and have been to more than thirty countries together. We've done everything from a very low-budget backpacking trip (Southeast Asia), to a fancy 5-star cruise (Baltics, Egypt, honeymoon), and everything in-between. This time, we wanted to go a little more high-end to celebrate our ten year wedding anniversary. Technically it's not until September, but why not celebrate the whole year long?

My company was running a promotion to give its employees status on American Airlines, so we started our trip in luxury. I mean, traveling without kids is luxurious enough, but we also had lounge access, which was perfect for our three-hour layover in Miami.


We got into Lima pretty late on our first night and went straight to our hotel. Our days were a perfect balance of sight-seeing and relaxing. Of course, I'll tell you all about each stop, but here was the overview of our ten-day itinerary:
Day 1: Fly to Lima; arrive at night
Day 2: Lima
Day 3: Fly to Cusco; taxi to Ollytaytambo; train to Aguas Calientes
Day 4: Machu Pichu; train to Ollytaytambo
Day 5: Sacred Valley
Day 6: Cusco
Day 7: Cusco
Day 8: Cusco; fly to Lima
Day 9: Lima; fly home at night
Day 10: Arrive home
In a word, Peru was FANTASTIC! It completely lived up to all expectations. The food was incredible, the views can't be beat, the history was fascinating...I loved it all. I can't wait to tell you more.

In the meantime, here are a few teaser pictures, with much more to come!

Miraflores, Lima

Outside of Cusco

Machu Pichu

Salinas de Maras


See our other stops in Peru:
Lima
Getting to the Sacred Valley
Machu Picchu
Moray and Maras
Horseback Riding in the Sacred Valley
Cusco and Pisac
Cusco and Pisac

No comments:

Post a Comment