Monday, October 28, 2013

Wasabi Sushi

A few weeks ago my friends and I were in Leeds and we saw a sign saying Wasabi was coming soon. I'd never heard of this chain of restaurants, but Nick said he'd seen it in London and that it is awesome. I can now confirm that Nick is not a liar. Wasabi is, in fact, awesome.

[source]

The concept for the restaurant is sushi as fast food. Each piece of sushi is individually wrapped; literally every piece--not every roll. Items are pretty cheap, usually 2 for a £1 or 75p each. The quality was surprisingly good, too. Dan and I gorged ourselves on an embarrassing amount of sushi when we were in London getting Zoey's passport. There was a Wasabi branch at King's Cross, so we grabbed some before our train back home. For only £20 total, we were stuffed to the gills. I had several individual pieces, but also a salmon nigiri box set.

[source]

I cannot wait for this to come to Leeds! Who wants to join me for some awesome sushi takeaway?

No comments:

Post a Comment