Monday, November 24, 2014

Roomie Reunion

I was in a sorority in college. This surprises a lot of people, since I don't seem like the typical "sorority girl." Over the years I've heard a lot of comments about how people in sororities are basically just buying friendships. Let me tell you, if that's the case, it's the best money I've ever spent.


A couple of weekends ago, my sorority roommates and all of our kids had an amazing mini-reunion in Indiana. Katie, Megan, Heidi and I lived together in the Alpha Gamma Delta house at Indiana University our junior year of college. We've been close since then and have seen each other several times over the years. The last time we all got together, Katie had just given birth to her daughter Austin; Megan was pregnant with her third child (!); and I was two weeks away from moving to England.


Obviously a lot has changed since then (including adding three more kids to the mix!), but when we're together it is like no time has passed at all.




Katie graciously let us all crash at her place. With eleven people, including six kids under the age of 5 it was loud, chaotic and full of laughter. Katie's husband Corey was an absolute saint and kept the house standing. He and Katie's mom even gave us a night off for the four of us to enjoy dinner out.


Megan and Katie had to work on Friday, so Heidi, Tessa, Zahara and I took a day-trip to our old alma matter. Bloomington was a few hours away and we got a late start due to an unexpected trip to the doctor for Zahara (ear infection--boo!), so we only had a few hours at IU. Still, it was worth it!



Saturday we spent the whole day at the zoo, which was a huge hit. I was really impressed with the Evansville Zoo. The kids went crazy for the monkeys, and also loved pointing out the turtles who were "wrestling." Ha!




The weekend went far too quickly, but we're already talking about our next get together--hopefully Spring 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment