Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Catching up on Pregnancy Posts: Week 13

Dan, Zahara, and I are so excited about this new little baby. As I did with my last pregnancy, I'd like to keep a journal of the changes I was feeling from week-to-week. Unlike last time though, I now have a full-time job and a 2 year old to chase after. Therefore, these updates will be a lot less "Pinterest-worthy."


Dan and I have known about this pregnancy for a while now. We found out really early--around 6 weeks. So it feels like I've been pregnant forever, but we really haven't told too many people. We told our families at our Fakesgiving in December, because it was just too great of an opportunity to pass up. Our whole families were there--parents, grandparents, in-laws, cousins. There aren't too many chances for such a joyous celebration.

This week we had a really great ultrasound! We had an early one at 6 weeks (which was crazy...so tiny!), but on this one you could really tell it is a baby. Everything looks great!

Dates: January 13-19

Baby is the Size of a: peapod (approximate length and weight: 3 inches, 1 ounce).

How I'm Feeling: Excited to be in the second trimester, and hopeful that some of the symptoms I'm feeling will subside. It completely took me off-guard how nauseated I am all the time. I didn't have any morning sickness with Zahara, so this was all new to me. I know it could have been a lot worse, but riding the metro for more than two hours a day when you feel like you could throw up at any second is not a treat.

I have also been feeling really tired. I know this pregnancy is different than my last: I'm three years older; I have a 2.5 year old; and I have a full-time job. But, I am surprised how much harder it seems already. Sorry to sound like a Debbie Downer. I know it will get better and I'm excited for that!

How I'm Changing: I think my body is reacting faster to this pregnancy than the last. My stomach already looks different to me (including my poor belly button that is definitely going to be an outie sooner, rather than later). It's not obvious from the outside though and it's pretty easy to hide at work.

What I'm Eating: Carbs, carbs, and more carbs. I don't know if it is because I'm feeling so nauseated, but all I want are bagels.

What the Baby is Doing: This week I started feeling kicks! It's funny because I felt them around 13 weeks with Zahara too, even though it's pretty early. Both pregnancies have been posterior placentas, which makes it easier to feel movement. It's very light and inconsistent so far.

Approximately 6 weeks

12 weeks

Read about my first pregnancy:
My Pregnancy
Week 13

No comments:

Post a Comment