Wednesday, August 3, 2016

My Birthday

As you can imagine, this year's birthday celebration was a bit more low key than previous years. Since baby Levin was four days overdue at this point, he really could have come at any time. Spoiler alert: he didn't. He hung in there, waiting for a birthday of his own.

My morning started off great with phone calls and flowers (thanks Bradi!), and a family trip to the diner for delicious pancakes. Then it was off to the farmer's market for fresh watermelon, corn, heirloom tomatoes, and yummy chocolate milk. It was a really nice market, but unfortunately it was one of the hottest days of the year. I was dying!





We cooled off at the Silver Spring library. My in-laws took Zahara to read and play while I got some down time. Dan found me a comfy chair where I could put my feet up and read for a while. Lovely.

We capped off our day with real sushi! I figure, at this point, can a little bit of raw fish really hurt this kid? Hopefully not. We went to Red Maple in Four Corners and it was absolutely delicious. Very fresh. Dan picked up a cake for me at Whole Foods earlier in the day and the restaurant let us eat it there. If you haven't had Whole Foods' strawberry and cream cake, you are missing out. The strawberries are so fresh and the cream is so tasty. Even without chocolate, it's one of my favorite desserts.



The best part of the day was that I still get to keep it as my own forever! (There was real concern I'd have to share it with a tiny human.) Thanks to everyone who helped make this day special! Now on to the next family birthday...hint, hint, baby. Any time now.

Read about our past birthday celebrations:
2016:
Zahara's 3rd
Dan's birthday
2015:
Zahara's 2nd
2014:
Calli's birthday
Zahara's birthday
Dan's birthday
2013:
Dan's birthday
Calli's birthday
2012:
Dan's birthday
Calli's birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment