Monday, August 15, 2016

Our Village

They say it takes a village to raise a child, and we are so lucky to have an amazing village of our own.


In-Laws:
I can't even describe how helpful my in-laws were. They completely put their lives on hold to drive up to DC for an indefinite period of time. Not knowing when Asher would make his appearance was stressing me out, especially as I thought about what to do with Zahara while I was in labor. Rose and Yakov solved that problem by coming up a few days before my due date and staying through the birth, and then eight days after for the bris. Since I went a full week past my due date, they were here for a total of 19 days, and didn't complain once!



They cooked me fantastic meals and took great care of Zahara. I know they must have been completely wrecked by the time they left. Caring for a 3-year-old is not an easy task.

Special thanks to my sister-in-law Amy who flew in just for the day to be at Asher's bris! That's commitment.



My Parents
My parents arrived the day before the bris and stayed for those first critical newborn days. It was so nice to have them here while I was recovering from my c-section. My dad worked his magic in the kitchen and made a phenomenal prime rib that I still dream about. Mom even got working in the kitchen! If you know her, you know that's a huge deal.




They took Z for her first movie, Finding Dory, and did a great job providing lots of snuggles for our little guy. Mom and I even pampered ourselves with some shopping and mani/pedis.


My Sister
Bradi came after the initial craziness of the birth and bris died down. She's actually here now and is already proving to be a super star. She stayed up with Ash until 1:30 am the first night and was up with Z at 5:00 am the next day. She has held Asher all day and is constantly asking how she can help. She even made me breakfast. I'm really glad she's here.





Our Friends
We've been so lucky to have friends visit and bring us food. It has been really nice not to have to worry about going grocery shopping, cooking, and making sure Z has a good dinner. So appreciated!

Zahara and Dan
Of course I couldn't do any of this without Z and Dan. My heart has grown immeasurably. Watching Zahara give her brother hugs and kisses, hearing her ask about him first thing in the morning and last thing before bed has been a real highlight of my life. Catching Dan give Asher "man-to-man" advice is hilarious and adorable. I am thankful every day for these two.





No comments:

Post a Comment