Sunday, May 24, 2020

Mother's Day 2020

Well, this Mother's Day was obviously a bit different than previous years. What wasn't different was how special I was made to feel by my family. Dan and the kids did a great job working with what we've got to give me a relaxing day filled with love.

Breakfast
As is our tradition, Dan made me a delicious smoked salmon benedict topped with salmon roe. I had a nice cup of tea to go with it.


Gifts
Dan got me some nice smelling candles and bubble bath--just what I wanted. The kids each made me very sweet cards. Zahara spent all week picking flowers and arranging them into a picture frame. We had a little photo shoot the other day where she took a picture of her blowing a kiss. Then we printed the photo and she taped it into her frame. So sweet and creative.


She also wrote me a couple of other very sweet notes that told me she respects me and that I help her. Asher didn't totally get the concept, but he is such a love bug all the time that I have no doubts as to his feelings.


"Dear mom, we appreciate you. We respect you. You help us and we love you. Thank you. Love, Zahara."


"Thank you. You're welcome. I hope I like it. I wish I could have another one. I wish I could have a bear colored in a circle. I wish it could be real. I hope you might like it."

Outing
We've started a new tradition of exploring towns around us. It's been so nice to get out of the house and see new sights, even if it's all a bit strange. We've found towns where we can get carry-out food and walk around a main street or downtown. This week we went to Ellicott City, MD. It's pretty close to our house, but we've never managed to visit.



The town has had several years of extreme hardship, with two devastating floods in 2016 and 2018. The town has managed to rebuild a good portion of the downtown, and recently had some help from Gordon Ramsey! Sadly, we didn't get too many pictures, but it was a really nice day out!

See some of our previous Mother's Day celebrations here:
2018
2016
2014, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment