Friday, May 11, 2012

Sending Out an S.O.S.

Earlier this week my S.O.S. friend Katie sent out an S.O.S. for a project in which she was drowning. She inherited a kitchen table and chairs that were originally meant for indoor use. Unfortunately, these guys had been sitting outside for a while and were in pretty bad shape. Her plan was to sand them down and start over by priming and painting them with outdoor paint. It was a huge job though and she quickly realized she couldn't do it alone.


By the time I got to her with my power sander, she had already finished the table top and base. Our job was to tackle the four chairs. It took us a couple of hours to peel off the layers of dust, paint and mold. We were literally covered head to toe in saw dust by the end of it! I had dust in my eyelashes, for goodness sake!

You can't tell, but I'm smiling under the mask

I don't have any after pictures for you, so you'll just have to stay tuned. Trust me when I say that it's going to be awesome though. Katie plans to use VERY bright, bold paints. I cannot wait to see how it turns out! In the meantime, a picture is worth a thousand words:


No comments:

Post a Comment