Monday, September 30, 2013

A Little Slice of America

I think of myself as a pretty worldly person. My favorite food is sushi; I've traveled to more than forty countries; I speak a (very) little of several languages. But the truth is, I'm an American. There are many, many benefits of living in England, yet occasionally I find myself missing home. I mean, how hard is it to get a milkshake for crying out loud?!


I've finally found my little slice of home right here in the Dales. Thanks to a couple of friends who recommended checking out the Yorkshire Dale Ice Cream Farm, this weekend I enjoyed a real American milkshake, grilled cheese and short stack of pancakes. Perhaps I went a little overboard :)


Billy-Bob's  is exactly what you'd expect from an American diner--good food, good music, and good decor. It is extremely kid friendly and has a fantastic playground. I was tempted to jump in the huge hay stack obstacle course.


It's the little things that make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment