Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Sweet Tooth Traveler:Whitby

Hello? Anyone still out there? Sorry it's been so quiet here this past week. Since I last posted I enjoyed a lovely Rosh Hashanah (Jewish New Year), took a quick trip to Liverpool, finished Zoey's nursery, and introduced Zahara to the pool. I have so much to share--once I've edited my 1,000 pictures.

In the meantime, have you been to Whitby, England? If you live in Northern England, I'm sure you have. It's a must-see location for me. Getting there is half the fun, as you drive up the steep cliffs of the Yorkshire Moors. The town itself is so charming, and the abbey ruins are beautiful. But, you know me. My favorite part of Whitby is the cake shop :)

Sweet Tooth Traveler: Whitby, England
Whitby, England is best known for its stunning sea-side views; gorgeous abbey ruins; and links to Braum Stoker’s Dracula. But let me tell you, don’t leave town without sampling the sweets. In particular, I never miss a chance to eat cake at Marie Antoinette’s Patisserie. These sky-high cakes and super fresh scones are worth the trip. Last time I was there I got a slice of chocolate brownie cheesecake and a slice of banoffee. Delicious! The cafe is tiny, but charming. With only a few tables downstairs and a few more upstairs, it makes for an intimate tea-time setting.


Click here to read the full post.

No comments:

Post a Comment