It is the end of an era. This weekend we said goodbye to our wonderful Harrogate home. We will still be living in Harrogate for the next five weeks, but we moved out of our house on Friday and are now living in a furnished apartment in town center.
It feels like yesterday that we participated in House Hunters International, but really, it's been almost three years! There is so much that I will miss about this house, but there are some things that I'm glad to be rid of. In no particular order, they are:
Things I'll Miss:
- Our huge kitchen--even with the crazy backsplash.
- Fireplaces in almost every room.
- Giant living room.
- Amazing garden--and the gardeners who took care of it!
- Zahara's nursery--so fun and colorful.
- The plumbing--all of it! The faucets (sinks and showers) were not mixed tap, meaning I could get hot or cold, but not warm water. The toilets all flushed differently, and sometimes not at all. And, of course we can't forget about the flood that destroyed our guest bedroom.
- The cheap vinyl kitchen floor that was peeling at each corner.
- The ten different types of light bulbs that burnt out on a monthly basis.