Saturday, March 26, 2016

Week 22!


Dates: March 16-22

Baby is the Size of a: spaghetti squash (approximate length and weight: 11 inches, 1 pound)

How I'm Feeling: Incredibly grateful that I have a healthy baby inside me, and that aside from some relatively minor aches and pains, I am also healthy. It's easy to get lost in the day-to-day, but I know how blessed I am.

How I'm Changing: My belly button is ridiculous. I don't know how much more of an outie it can become. I'm hoping this is it.

What I'm Eating: I had an incredible veggie sushi bento box with my friend Dani. It was HUGE and delicious! Don't tell anyone, but we also split a salmon and avocado roll. I was on the fence about whether I should eat raw fish, but I just can't find any legitimate medical reasons why not to. Yes, listeria is a concern, but there have been very few (if any!) confirmed cases of listeria due to sushi in the United States in the past several years. I think this sushi avoidance issue comes more from America's sue-happy culture than from science. That said, I guess better safe than sorry? I won't be making an every-day habit of this, but every once in a while I might indulge. Chipotle though...that's a whole 'nother story.

What the Baby is Doing: I am starting to see baby move from the outside. As Dan described it, it looks and feels to him like I have the hiccups.

Read about my first pregnancy:
My Pregnancy
Week 22

No comments:

Post a Comment