Sunday, March 20, 2016

Weeks 20-21!


Dates: March 2-8

Baby is the Size of a: banana (approximate length and weight: 6.5 inches crown to rump, 10 inches head to heel, 10 ounces)

How I'm Feeling: I'm feeling thrilled that I got to see the baby this week! I had my 20 week anatomy scan and saw a healthy, very active little BOY! He was no where near as shy as his sister was. It's always fun to see him moving on the screen while feeling him move from the inside. Very surreal. Sadly, Dan wasn't able to join me. Z got a little stomach bug after Mexico and so he had to stay with her while I went to the appointment. That was pretty sad, but I think Dan will get another chance to see the baby later in the third trimester.

Physically I'm feeling OK. I've been feeling a lot of aches and pains (mostly round ligament and back pain). I am really making an effort to take it a bit easier and stop the pain before it gets too bad.

How I'm Changing: I'm very clearly pregnant now, which is always a fun milestone to reach. Sometimes I feel like my stomach is getting so big, but then I remember what big really looks like. I've still got a ways to go!

What I'm Eating: I just want sweets all the time, which is to say I'm back to my old self. Also, my work makes an avocado sushi that is outstanding. I've been loving that!

What the Baby is Doing: I am feeling the baby's movements higher, so it's clear to me that he's growing and moving up. He is just as active as Z was!


20 week scan!


Dates: March 9-15

Baby is the Size of a: carrot (approximate length and weight: 10.5 inches, 12 ounces)

How I'm Feeling: A little freaked out about labor. Yes, I know that I've already been through it once, but I think that makes it even worse--I know what's coming. We had a hospital tour this weekend which is why I'm thinking about it more than usual.

Other than that, I'm feeling good. We had dinner with some friends this week who are due a week behind me. It's fun to swap stories with someone who is going through the same things as I am.

Best moment of the week was Saturday morning when I had Dan and Zahara feel the baby kick for the first time. Zahara reacted in the best possible way: she got really close to my belly and said, "Hi baby brother. I'm your sister Zoey." Is that amazing, or what?

How I'm Changing: Belly is definitely getting bigger and is starting to get taut. I'm seeing a couple of very light stretch marks above my belly button, right where I had one last time.

What I'm Eating: Nothing too unusual. We had steak this week though and it was delicious!

What the Baby is Doing: Baby does not stop moving!! It's almost distracting at work!

Read about my first pregnancy:
My Pregnancy
Week 20
Week 21

No comments:

Post a Comment