Monday, July 25, 2016

Playing Hooky Pre-Baby

While baby is still nice and cozy in there, Dan and I decided to take the day off work last Friday to play hooky. It was a fun day filled with a movie, ice cream, and swimming with the family. I can't think of a better way to spend the day.  


Dan and I saw Star Trek Beyond on it's opening day in the morning. It wasn't too crowded, which was nice. I enjoyed the movie, but Dan wasn't crazy about it. I'm loving all of the new strong women portrayed in the movies. I never really considered myself a feminist, but raising a daughter has made me really aware of gender disparity and stereotypes. I want Z to grow up seeing heroines and superheroes in movies, and smart, successful women in real life. Whew! Off my soap box now.

After the movie we hung out in downtown Silver Spring and grabbed a veggie burger at BurgerFi and a Cold Stone ice cream. We split a small German chocolate ice cream and it was amazing! 


After lunch we headed back home to pick up Z and my in-laws. Since it was so hot outside, it was the perfect day for some time by the pool. Our county has great public facilities. I love the lazy river! It felt fantastic walking around the loop while Z sat in the inner tube having a great time. We went around for nearly an hour. 



Z, Rose, Yakov, and Dan also spent a lot of time in the toddler area where there is a shallow pool and a mushroom fountain. We were there so long we clearly exhausted her.


Such a fun day! I love these final days with our little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment