Monday, April 30, 2012

Dina's Wedding

My final stop in my trip across the States was New Jersey to be in one of my best friend's weddings. I've known Dina since our very first day at Indiana University. We are "friends from the floor," as she likes to say (we lived in the same dorm).

Me and Dina circa 2004

Dina is one of the nicest people I've ever met. She has a huge family and a ton of friends, so I was really honored when she asked me to be a bridesmaid. I've known Dina for 12 years now; out of the eight bridesmaids, I've known her for the least amount of time!

Dina and her fiancĂ© Ed were awesome enough to let me stay with them on Thursday night before the wedding weekend. I tried to talk them out of it and even booked a hotel, but in the end it worked out great for all of us. We had a really fun night just catching up. In the eight years since college, this is the longest we've gone without seeing each other. 

Me and Dina, circa 2012

Friday we pampered ourselves with a relaxing manicure and pedicure. Her sister and future mother-in-law joined us. Since all I've seen in England are the fish pedicures (NO THANK YOU!), this was just the ticket.

Friday night we had the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. It was so fun meeting the other bridesmaids and groomsmen and seeing old friends from college.

Saturday morning was go-time! A few of us got our hair professionally done, and I think mine turned out great! 

Half-way done

I love how this turned out!

We made our way to the bridal suite in the hotel so she could get dressed. The photographer was on-hand to capture the moments. Dina looked breathtaking. She was the happiest, most stress-free bride I've ever seen. Not that I expected anything less, but it was great to see.



We took some fun pictures with the whole wedding party, and then it was time to get hitched! 



I don't have any pictures of the ceremony since I was standing at the front, but let me just tell you that it was awesome. Dina's aunt officiated and did a fantastic job. It was light-hearted but meaningful. I was definitely choking back tears.

 
 
Then it was time to party! Dina LOVES dancing, so I knew this party would have great music. I was not disappointed. The dance floor was never empty. It was fun to see everyone from the 80-year-olds to the 6-year-olds letting loose.


The went with chocolate and vanilla cupcakes instead of traditional cake. They were delicious!


It was a fantastic weekend, and well-worth the trip from England. I wish Dina and Ed a lifetime of happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment