Wednesday, December 12, 2012

How to Beat the Winter Blues

Sorry for the silence on the blog this week. I just got back from a couple of amazing vacations that I can't wait to share with you. While I was gone, winter definitely crept up on me. My koi pond is icy and there is frost on the ground. No snow yet, but it's pretty darn cold.

The best way to deal with the winter is with a steaming mug of hot chocolate and a roaring fire.

Dan builds great fires

My friend Felicity told me about a log delivery service here in Harrogate that will drop off half a ton of firewood to your front door. It is pretty reasonably priced too. If you're having a hard time picturing what half a ton of wood looks like, let me help you.


This should keep us warm all winter.

The wood is stacked in our mudroom. I love this room for its practicality, but I have done absolutely nothing to decorate it. I'd love to spruce it up a bit. Does anyone have suggestions of how to warm this concrete and brick room up? I'm renting, so I can't paint the walls. But I'm thinking some art work or an outdoor rug would help bring in some life.


2 comments:

  1. how about tacking up some fabric to the wall or framing some fabric using your own wood?
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I like that idea. Maybe even wrap fabric around a large canvas for a big, cheap piece of art?

      Delete