Wednesday, February 13, 2013

21 Weeks!

We're having a little girl!! After Baby Levin decided not to cooperate during last week's ultrasound, Dan and I chose to get a private scan this weekend to find out the baby's gender. Forget what I said about patience being a virtue...I needed to know! :)

More than halfway into this pregnancy and I am still loving it. I feel great, but big. There's no question now about whether I'm pregnant; it's very obvious. I can still fit into some pre-pregnancy shirts, but I definitely feel best in fitted clothes. They accentuate my bump in a more flattering way.

Thankfully the only symptoms I'm having are pretty minor, and very common. I'm experiencing a bit of round ligament pain, which feels kind of like a bruise on my lower left hip. I feel it most when I'm very active, and as long as I slow down and take it easy it goes away. Baby Levin is definitely setting her own pace.


As I mentioned, we decided to get a private ultrasound to find out the baby's sex. What really tipped me over the edge is that I found out our American insurance will cover it. A free chance to see my baby again? Yes, please!


This experience was very different than the NHS appointments. It was definitely a more spa-like atmosphere where they offer you coffee or tea while you wait on a nice leather couch. Then, they brought us into our own private room where not just one, but two big screen TVs displayed the ultrasound images. This was the first time I really got to see all the action. Previously, the technician was facing a small computer monitor to check baby. At the end of the appointment, she would turn the screen for me to see.

This was also the first time we heard the heartbeat while seeing the baby. It was really weird when I heard, saw and felt the baby all at once!


How far along? 21 weeks
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? No
Sleep? Really good, actually
Best moment of the week: Finding out the baby's gender!
Miss anything? Nope
Movement: Tons!
Food cravings:  None
Anything making you queasy or sick: No
Have you started to show yet? Yes
Gender: Girl!!
Belly Button in or out? Still pretty even
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time? Happy
Looking forward to: Bonding with my little girl


No comments:

Post a Comment