Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sweet Tooth Traveler: Malta

I'm back on Trip Wolf chatting about my sweet tooth travels in Malta. Check it out!

The Sweet Tooth Traveler: Malta
For such a small country, Malta packs a culinary punch. While Malta’s proximity to Sicily means you can find tasty Italian sweets like cannoli and gelato, I was delighted to find many unique treats as well.

One sweet I found all over the island is called prinjolata. It looks like a mess, but it’s quite tasty. It is made from shortcrust, candied fruit, cream, nuts, chocolate and meringue. Apparently, when shops all over the island start making this dessert, it is a clear sign that the Carnival season has begun. My favorite version was at the Marsaxlokk market on a Sunday morning. The cake towered over a table full of pastries.


Click here to read the full post.

1 comment:

  1. Wow -- that hot chocolate looks *intense* and amazing!! Sweet tooth traveler indeed!

    ReplyDelete