Monday, June 10, 2013

A Warm(er) Welcome

Remember way back in February when I made some really cheap art for my mudroom? I then left the room alone for the next four months. Good thing nesting instincts took over and I decided something has to be done!

Lonely art in my mudroom

I added two more frames to the lonely first piece. Again, this was just using what I had on hand: a couple of picture frames, some leftover denim and an old calendar.


For the other side of the room, I grabbed a large, cheap picture frame from the thrift store and made my own art. I used leftover fabric from my kitchen chairs as the background and cut a large "L" for our last name from some other scrap fabric. I painted the frame with some leftover primer to better coordinate with the fabric. It's not the fanciest, but I think it looks kind of modern and fun.


It's still a long way from finished, but with addition of a couple more pieces of art and some fresh flowers from my garden, this front entry is a lot cheerier than it was before.


No comments:

Post a Comment