Monday, June 24, 2013

Homemade LaraBars

While browsing Pinterest one day I came upon a recipe for homemade Larabars. I love these snack bars, but they're pretty expensive. Each one goes for around $1.50 to $2.00. There are only a few ingredients in each bar, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

[source]

This is one of the quickest, most satisfying recipes I've made in a while. It took me no more than five minutes start to finish and tastes exactly like the cherry pie LaraBar! Now that I know how easy it is, I think I'll start experimenting with other flavors. Next on the list is Almond Cookie...yum!

Cherry Pie LaraBar
Original recipe from here
Yields 12 small balls

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup dried cherries
  • 1/2 cup pitted dates
  • 2/3 cup almonds (unsalted)
  • 4 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions:
  • Place the dates and cherries in a food processor (I used a small spice grinder). Blend until it becomes a paste. Transfer blended dates and cherries to a bowl.
  • Add the nuts to the processor and pulse until finely chopped (not too much so that it becomes a flour. You want some texture).
  • Add the nuts to the fruit mixture and add cinnamon. Use your fingers to knead all ingredients together. 
  • Form into twelve small balls or several small bars. Place in fridge for at least 20 minutes to set.



No comments:

Post a Comment