Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Welcome to the World Zahara Jane!

I am so excited to announce the birth of my beautiful baby girl, Zahara Jane. Zoey was born on Saturday, June 29th at 7:34 a.m. Weighing 8.0 pounds and 19.5 inches long, she's absolutely perfect. To say we're in love is an understatement.

Zahara Jane and mom

Zahara is named after Dan's late grandfather (Zeus) and my late grandmother (Sally Jane). The name Zahara is of Hebrew origin, meaning "to shine" and "brightness."


We're soaking up the first few days with Zoey and are loving every second. We're three days into this crazy adventure, and every day has been totally new. It's really fun getting to know each other. I'm amazed at how much I feel like I already know her, and, at the same time, how much of a mystery she remains.



Dan has been absolutely amazing. I could not ask for a more supportive, loving partner. He's already such a good dad it makes my heart break. And, he's been spoiling me rotten. He brought me champagne* and bagels and lox to the hospital! Best morning ever!

A toast to a new life!


*Don't worry, I only had a small amount and had just fed. There was no alcohol in my system by the time Zoey needed another feeding.

10 comments:

  1. My goodness, she's a mini-Calli! With Dan's cheeks, though. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful little family! So happy for the three of you and wishing I could jump across the pond and hug that little nugget! Lots of love from DC :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to jump across the pond...just not soon enough!
    Love and kisses to my 3 favorite people living in England!
    Mom, Mom(2), G-Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is spectacular!!! What an absolute joy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so perfect!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. she is beautiful... congratulations

    Janet Bubis

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is such a cutie! Wish I could meet her :) You all look so happy!!And I meant to mention this a while ago but I love your haircut :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! You'll meet her one day soon. Miss you too!

      Delete