Tuesday, May 19, 2015

It's Never Too Late for a Recap: Passover 2015

Yikes! Where has the last month gone? I have so much I want to tell you. I have house updates, new recipes, and highlights from the last two trips we've taken. I'll try and put some posts together before another month goes by.

First up, highlights from our trip to Dallas in April. I briefly mentioned that we went to Dallas for Passover when I told you about Zahara's first hair cut. It was actually a really big deal. It was the first time that all four grandparents have been together with Zahara. To be honest, I was a little worried how it would go, but it was fantastic. There was no drama, no one-upping, it was just perfect.






As you may know, Passover is one of my favorite holidays (the other one is Thanksgiving). This year was great, but a little stressful. We had both seders at my parents house, so there was a lot of prep work to be done. We all pitched in. My dad is an amazing chef and he did not disappoint. I was in charge of desserts. I made a Smitten Kitchen-inspired chocolate torte, chocolate mousse and flourless chocolate cookies that were out of this world. Crisp and meringue-y on the outside and chewy on the inside.


Dad's famous brisket

It is always great to get together with friends and family. That's a huge part of what makes this holiday so special.



Read previous Passover posts:
2014: Passover in Paris
2013: Passover Preparation; Passover Musings
2012: Happy Passover!; Road Trip

1 comment:

  1. Great pics and wonderful memories. Thanks

    ReplyDelete