Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Dear Zahara: 22 Months

Dear Zahara,

Happy 22-month birthday! You are hilarious, you know that? You are so imaginative, talkative and affectionate. I love hearing your stories about fire-breathing dragons who live in castles. And I love your proud proclamations like, "I did it," "I see it," and "I know it."


Now that the weather is finally nicer, you love playing outside and going for walks around the neighborhood. Slides and swings are lots of fun, but you get so mad if anyone else is on your playground.

You're a pro at the alphabet now. You know every letter and love pointing them out. Your favorite letters are on stop signs. We can't pass one without you commenting. I love hearing you sing the alphabet song to yourself. You jumble the middle a bit, but it's a pretty good start for a 22-month-old.


In fact, you sing lots of songs now. My favorite is probably hearing you sing Old MacDonald. You make the best face as you say "E-I-E-I-O." Second favorite is Down By the Bay because you laugh at all the rhymes and say how funny they are.

Bedtimes have gotten a lot easier, for the most part. We discovered that if we ask you to show us how you go to sleep, you'll lie down on your own. It's a weird little loophole, but it seems to be working. In fact, the last few nights you've asked me to put you in your crib, cover you with a blanket and sing Hush Little Baby. I'm happy to oblige.


Your imagination is constantly on display. Whether you are having a tea party with your stuffed animals, pretending to be on a rocket ship to the moon, or hopping like a bunny, you are constantly finding new ways to entertain yourself (and mummy and daddy!). Keep it up, little girl! We love you!

1 comment:

  1. Oh ma g-d...so sweet. Love my girls!
    Mom (GMom)

    ReplyDelete