Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Closet Mini-Makeover and New Job

I don't think I've mentioned it yet, but I recently got a new job! I've very, very excited about it, and just a little bit nervous. It's crazy to think that I have never had a full-time job and a baby. Isn't that nuts?! The last time I was working an office job was before we moved to England--a lifetime ago.

This is an amazing opportunity for me, and something that I have been working very hard to achieve since we returned. However, it will be an enormous lifestyle change. Zahara has already been in an in-home day care for several months and is absolutely thriving. We love it there. But, right now, I do a lot of house-management tasks while Dan does all the heavy-lifting by working full-time and doing all the daycare drop-offs and pick-ups. I do the laundry, pay bills, make dinners and lunches and tidy the house. Obviously, we'll have to re-adjust our responsibilities now that I won't be home during the days. It just means our weekends and evenings will be a lot more packed with chores.

So what does that have to do with a closet makeover? I'm doing everything I can to make my transition back to work as seamless as possible. My friend Dani came over one day and helped me sort through every single item of clothes in my closet to help build my new office attire. When she left, I took the opportunity to organize my side of the closet in a way that will hopefully make getting ready in the morning a breeze. Every little bit helps, right?

Hold on to your hats: here are the super amazing before and afters {slight sarcasm}:

Before

During

After

Ok, so it may not be life-changing, but it's the little things that make me happy. Anyone else doing some spring cleaning or organizing?

No comments:

Post a Comment