Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sweet Tooth Traveler: Spain

I'm back on Trip Wolf chatting about Spanish treats. I was lucky enough to be in Spain for Holy Week, which has it's own set of unique desserts.

The Sweet Tooth Traveler: Great Finds in Malaga Spain
On my first day after arriving in Malaga in Southern Spain, I was greeted with a bit of culture shock in the form of a cookie. It was mid-March, two weeks before Easter Sunday. Unbeknownst to me, I stumbled into the beginning of one of the most important weeks in Spanish culture: Semana Santa. This week, also known as Holy Week, celebrates the end of Lent with huge parades through the city streets. The main event is the procession of the brotherhoods who are dressed in their traditional uniforms (capirote). The capirote on the cookie looked a little too familiar…


Click here to read the full post.

Read about my other Spainish adventures:

No comments:

Post a Comment